Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Brain Fart".

I've had a bit of a 'set back'. "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!" Monday I had an appointment with my wonderful brain surgeon, Dr. Fultz. He released me to full exercise again, which was my greatest dream, somehow I know that my complete recovery depends upon that rather than more 'pills'. He took me off my 'dirt pills', (my description of pills that make me feel like dirt, i.e. "anti-seizure pills".) Saturday I was in my living room talking with Tiff and she all of a sudden looked at me with a complete 'startled glow on her face' with those big eyes and says, "Dad you are scaring me". I tried to think of what I might have said that could illicit such a reaction but couldn't cognate anything that might have caused her such consternation. Its when I asked, "Tiff, Pres. Hinckley died. Who is the new Prophet?" That complete fear filled her face and she and Shari started making desperate phone calls to Tiff's brother -in -law, Dane, that is a Doctor ,and my UofU Dr. on call , trying desperately to find out what might be wrong. Soon I was on my way to the Davis, E.R. (No time they said for McKay Dee), my favorite, (Ive spent way too much time there of late!) I have sort of a "Swiss-cheese" memory of the rest of that day, as was predicted as a result of a "partial complex seizure in the focal region". They immediately put me back on seizure meds, (more tolerable but of course much more expensive). I am much better but still in a bit of a fog most of the time. Bryan gave me a wonderful blessing on Saturday night and said some things that I have since come to understand. He blessed me with a good nights sleep and something about 'being closer' to the veil than I have ever been but it isn't my time to go yet, (Good news!!) I would learn things of a Spiritual Nature that would aid me in my teaching for the rest of my life." Tiff wrote it all down for me on a pad that I kept on my night stand as she knew that I wouldn't remember what was going on, (Understatement). That night I experienced one of the most singularly incredible experiences of my life! Way to Spiritual to record here in any detail! (D&C 63:64). In short, I spent the night in the Spirit World. If you will ask me about it in person I will be glad to explain if I am permitted, "by the prayer of faith". I have kind of been stumbling around between both worlds ever since. Hopefully I'm getting better? Please excuse by crudeness by explaining it as a "brain fart" but if you can't handle my 'sick humor' you'd better log off my blog early, cause I probably ain't going to change all that much!

5 comments:

Tara said...

You are a crack up, Dad! I miss your mind, too! :) We miss you and continue to pray for you every night...Morgan especially to "do the best we can do"!!

LOVE YOU!!!

Gillett's said...

I'm so glad that your computer still works & you too! I am anxious to hear your stories, and I am glued to your blog with each entry I read. Thank Heaven you're not needed there just yet. I can tell you, I will never look at having a Brain Fart the same way again. Keep on posting! =0)

Gillett's said...

Opps, I forgot to say WHAT CUTE FAMILY pics those are that you posted! Love 'em! Aren't families the BeSt!

Nicole Eddington said...

Love you! Is grandma feeling any better?

Nicole Eddington said...

If there were awards for Best Grandpa EVER, it won't be a competition, you would win and EVERY one knows that!