With apologies to my darling nieces, (my wonderful brother's daughters and to my darling Siri), I would like to pontificate on something very near to my heart of late. To those I just apologized to please let me testify that though you may not be in their presence, you ARE IN THEIRS, I don't think this, or wish this, or hope this, I testify to you that I KNOW THIS! Sometime in person I will explain myself if you so desire--just ask. This blog entry is the result of the wonderful, awesome, deeply appreciated service and love my two beautiful daughters have rendered me this past month. Tara flew clear from Colo. Springs, leaving her little family, to be with me in my great hour of need. Tiff has spent countless hours this past month, "walking the dog'. I will never be able to repay either of them for their love and support and constant never ending love! Tiff doesn't just, 'walk the dog', she spends countless hours, nursing, loving, building and nurturing me. President Hinckley was right. "Women is God's supreme creation". Of course my sweet Shari is always here, but then she has to. Thank you Tiff and Tara!! I will be indebted to you forever, to "infinity and beyond", as Easton would say.
Angie told me something that brought a tear to my eye, the other day. (It doesn't take much!) Braydon was going out of town for the weekend and so Natalie, his 9 year old had him wear a special tie around his neck all day before he left so that while he was gone she could wear it and "smell her daddy when ever she wanted to feel close to him". He did and she did, said Angie, when ever she was home, (not at school) she had the tie around her neck! Is that a sweet story, or what? Can you now feel why I titled this, "Daddy's and daughters?
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Poppy, you I hope you know that YOU are MY HERO. I couldn't have made it these past few weeks without you and Mom by my side and always having the right thing to say. I will always have deepest gratitude for my "experience" right now, because it has brought me to sit at your feet many, many, many times. I cherish every minute with you.
I remember that President Hinckley once said that it was daughters who cared for their father in their old age, not sons. You have been doubly blessed!
I love you, Dad! You and Mom are the greatest examples of unconditional love...not just for your children, but for EVERYONE you meet! I will always be grateful for your example in so many ways!
The last months with my Dad are without question among the most spiritual and sacred days of my life. I have missed the blessing of the Comforter that came so strongly to me after he passed. Thank you for reminding me that my Daddy is not so far away.
Can I say again, How HaPPy I am you started to blog! I wish I could've "Walked the Dog" but I do get to live next to one of my dogs. =0) I am so glad to hear that Tiff & Tara KNOW how LUCKY they are to have the relationship they have with you, & I know they are grateful to be able to fly home to be with you & to be able to go Woggin'! I doesn't sound like they ever take it for granted-
Post a Comment